Campus Intensive English Program (CIEP)
Come study in a beautiful region of the United States and improve your English language skills with the Campus Intensive English Program (CIEP) at the University of Washington. Our high-quality instructional program will help prepare you for studies at an American college or university or assist you in reaching your personal or career goals.
Founded in 1977, the CIEP is one of the largest English language programs in the United States, with about 400 students attending each quarter. Students from all over the world enjoy our scenic campus in one of the cleanest, most attractive cities in the country.
Enroll in this program and you will:
- Improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Learn how to raise your TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Increase your readiness for American university study
Once you begin the CIEP, you can also apply for admission to our partner universities using successful completion of the University Track to demonstrate English Language Proficiency.
Who Should Apply
The CIEP is designed for beginning to advanced students of English who want to improve their English skills for their education or career. Beginners must have a basic knowledge of English. See the How to Apply page for more details.
CIEP meets the requirements for an F-1 student visa.
- Five levels of instruction
- Two areas of focus for intermediate and advanced students to choose from – Academic Preparation or Communication
- Small class sizes – about 14 students per class
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees in teaching English as a second language
- Opportunity to take one UW undergraduate course (Level 5 students only)
- Help with completing college or university applications
||UW Seattle campus
||10 weeks (9 weeks in summer)
Mar 24–Jun 5
Program closed to Arabic speakers
Jun 16–Aug 21
Sep 24–Dec 11
||Open until filled
CONNECT WITH US