Global Business Program (GBP)
If you are an international professional looking to advance your career, or an international student interested in learning more about business concepts and skills, the Global Business Program (GBP) at the University of Washington can help you achieve your goals.
This nine-month certificate program is taught by UW Foster School of Business lecturers and leading industry experts. The program is divided into three quarters of study, giving you the opportunity to learn from experts and gain valuable experience you can apply in your current or future career.
In the Global Business Program you will:
- Study in the heart of Seattle’s business district
- Take one core course and one elective course each quarter
- Begin your studies in spring quarter (March) or autumn quarter (September)
The program is guided by a group of industry leaders who have extensive international business experience. See the Advisory Board page for more details about these experts.
After successfully completing the program, you will receive a UW Global Business Certificate. You may also be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training, which gives you the opportunity to gain up to one year of real-world business experience. Learn more about Optional Practical Training (OPT), which is described in the Employment section of our Immigration Advising page.
Who Should Apply
The Global Business Program is designed for international business professionals and international students seeking in-depth expertise in global business. You should have an advanced level of English proficiency to participate. For more details on language requirements, see the How to Apply page.
The Global Business Program meets the requirements for an F-1 student visa.
- Courses taught by experienced UW faculty and instructors and leading experts in the field
- Choice of courses (program electives)
- Opportunity to apply for up to one year of real business experience with Optional Practical Training (OPT)