In our global economy, effective cross-cultural communication skills are essential for student success. As a result, many universities wish to offer their students an international study experience. However, it is often difficult to fit a traditional year abroad program into regular studies.
The answer is a Customized Academic Group Program at the University of Washington. While studying abroad, your students will expand their view of the world, improve their English and prepare for their careers. Our programs include these three compelling advantages:
- As a top-tier research institution, the University of Washington offers academic prestige, vast resources and a highly qualified teaching staff.
- Our English Language Program is one of the top rated in the United States and is among the charter programs accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation.
- The UW campus is located in the heart of Seattle, a cosmopolitan city with a mild climate known as a center of research and development for technology, business, education, health care and the environment.
- Opportunity to study abroad without matriculating or competing for a traditional, one-to-one individual exchange position
- Curricula integrated into your university system, creating a seamless learning experience
- Ability to stay on degree track and receive academic credit from your university while studying at the UW
- Customized language support for content-area classes regardless of language ability
Sample Program Features
- Lectures by UW professors and guest speakers from local businesses or organizations
- Language skills development and preparation for U.S. academic life
- Visits to popular Seattle attractions and cultural activities
- Official program completion awards and mementos
- Official grade reports and program evaluation summary reports
To get an idea of what our programs are like, please see the following examples: