Business Short Term English Program (STEP)
Come practice your English and learn about American business! In the Business Short Term English Program (STEP) at the University of Washington, you'll study important business skills and have opportunities to interact with local businesses as well as do research on your own areas of interest.
Enroll in this program and you will:
- Improve your business-related conversation and presentation skills as well as your listening skills
- Practice your business skills in real-life situations
- Learn American-style business practices and cultural expectations for international business
- Interact with other students and professionals like you from all over the world*
*Recent STEP sessions have included students from Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, China, Brazil, France, Russia, Thailand, Denmark, Colombia, and Italy.
Who Should Register
Business STEP is open to intermediate to advanced students of business and English. Students enrolling in Business STEP are expected to have a higher-than-average English skill level. To view the specific minimum test scores required, see the How to Register page. Students who do not have high enough test scores or proof of equivalency should register for the Language & Culture STEP.
STEP participants are not eligible for an F-1 student visa.
- Small class sizes – up to 18 students
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees in business and teaching English as a foreign language
- Field trips to local businesses as well as visits to notable UW and Seattle-area attractions
||UW Seattle campus
Jul 17–Aug 3
||Open until filled
CONNECT WITH US