Language & Culture Short Term English Program (STEP)
Come practice your English and learn about American culture! In the Language & Culture Short Term English Program (STEP) at the University of Washington, you'll study English in the mornings and see the beautiful sights of Seattle in the afternoons.
Enroll in this program and you will:
- Improve your English vocabulary as well as your listening, speaking and presentation skills
- Practice your English in real-life situations
- Learn American expressions and idioms
- Interact with students from all over the world*
*Recent STEP sessions have included students from Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, China, Brazil, France, Russia, Thailand, Denmark, Colombia, and Italy.
Who Should Register
Language & Culture STEP is open to beginning to advanced students of English. Beginners must have a basic knowledge of English. See the How to Register page for more details.
STEP students are not eligible for an F-1 student visa.
- Small class sizes – up to 18 students
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees in teaching English as a foreign language
- Field trips to the Burke Museum, the Henry Art Gallery and other UW and Seattle-area attractions
||UW Seattle campus
A. Jan 16–Feb 2
B. Feb 5–Feb 23
C. Feb 26–Mar 16
A. May 7–May 25
1. Jun 25–Jul 13
2. Jul 17–Aug 3
3. Aug 6–Aug 24
4. Aug 27–Sep 14
||Open until filled
Learn more about the student experience in the Short Term English Program (STEP) in this video.
CONNECT WITH US