Science, Technology & Engineering Short Term English Program (STEP)
Come practice your English and learn about different areas of science, technology and engineering! In the Science, Technology & Engineering Short Term English Program (STEP) at the University of Washington, you'll study in the mornings and see the beautiful sights of Seattle in the afternoons.
Enroll in this program and you will:
- Improve your conversation, presentation and listening skills as you study science, technology and engineering concepts and ideas
- Discuss current issues related to this area and their impact on the world
- Improve your knowledge of the latest scientific and technological innovations
- Interact with students and professionals from all over the world
- Explore Seattle startup companies, tech innovators and tech research
Who Should Register
Science, Technology & Engineering STEP is open to intermediate to advanced students of English. Students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 48 iBT. See the How to Register page for more details.
STEP students are not eligible for an F-1 student visa.
- Small class sizes – up to 18 students
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees in their fields
- Two instructor-led field trips during class times to explore technological innovations in Seattle