UW Summer Quarter
Experience life as a student at a world-class American university by enrolling in UW Summer Quarter. With nearly 2,000 courses available in more than 100 different fields, you are sure to find something to match your interests.
As a Summer Quarter student you’ll enjoy:
- A beautiful campus and city: Attend interesting classes on our scenic campus and enjoy summer in Seattle
- A diverse student body: Study alongside current UW students, adults and other visiting students
- Top teachers: Learn from respected UW faculty and instructors
Students in Summer Quarter have the opportunity to earn undergraduate credits in a wide variety of subjects, including social sciences, engineering, computer science and technology, language, business, health, education, the environment, and more.
Students with the following advanced English proficiency levels are able to take 12–18 UW elective credits:
- TOEFL iBT 92 or above (no subscore below 17)
- IELTS 7.0 or above (no subscore below 6.5)
Students with English proficiency levels that fall within the following ranges are able to take 7–13 UW elective credits and one 5-credit course from our Academic English Program (AEP):
- TOEFL iBT 76 - 91 (no subscore below 17)
- IELTS 6.5 (no subscore below 6.0)
Note: All students who want to receive an I-20 for UW Summer Quarter will be required to enroll in a minimum of 12 credits.
Who Should Apply
UW Summer Quarter is open to international students who are at least 18 years old and have advanced verbal and written English language skills.
Note: Enrollment in UW Summer Quarter does not constitute admission to the University of Washington as a degree-seeking student. For more information on applying to become a matriculated (degree-seeking) student at the UW, visit the Office of Admissions website.
For more information and details on how to apply, visit the UW Summer Quarter website.
||UW Seattle campus
May 1, 2017
Jun 16, 2017
Summer Quarter Classes
Jun 19–Aug 18, 2017
||Contact us for details
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about UW Summer Quarter.