IELTS Preparation Course
In this advanced-level course, you will work on the English language skills that are covered by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – reading, writing, listening and speaking. Course instruction focuses on the specific elements that are tested by the IELTS, as detailed below.
- Practice general reading skills such as skimming for the main ideas, scanning for specific information, and recognizing arguments, opinions and inferences
- Learn to identify text structure and the organization of ideas in paragraphs
- Review the different IELTS question types, including multiple choice, matching, sentence completion, information transfer and gap-fill
- Learn how to improve idea organization and how to present your point of view with supporting evidence
- Practice the appropriate format for formal correspondence
- Work on interpreting graphical information
- Develop strategies for expressing your opinion on abstract topics and speaking at length
- Work on pronunciation issues such as stress, rhythm and intonation
- Conduct extensive practice
- Practice general listening skills, including identifying the main idea and listening for specific information
- Study and review effective note-taking
- Cover the different types of listening comprehension questions, such as multiple choice, matching, sentence completion, information transfer and gap-fill
For all sections you will practice time management, as well as work on specific strategies for coping with the IELTS experience.
This class meets Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 to 8:20 p.m.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- 100 percent tuition refund if you withdraw by 5 p.m. of the fifth business day of the program
- 50 percent tuition refund if you withdraw by 5 p.m. of the 10th business day of the program
- No tuition refund if you withdraw after 5 p.m. of the 10th business day of the program
Note that all application, registration and deposit fees are nonrefundable.