Intensive Business English Program (IBEP)
Improve your business English by studying in Seattle's commercial core with the Intensive Business English Program (IBEP). This certificate program, held at the downtown Seattle location of the University of Washington, will teach you the language of business and help you be more successful in your career.
Enroll in this program and you will:
- Improve your fluency and pronunciation in business situations – social interactions, transactions and negotiations, meetings, telephone conversations and presentations
- Learn about business terminology and the American business environment
- Develop your written business communication skills (letters, reports, emails)
IBEP is part of the UW's international business certificate sequence, and many students take it before moving on to the Global Business Program (GBP).
Who Should Apply
This program is designed for people who need to use English in their jobs, are planning to study at an American college or university or need better language skills to interact in an English-speaking community. You do not need a business background, but you must meet certain English proficiency requirements. See the IBEP How to Apply page for more details.
IBEP meets the requirements for an F-1 student visa.
- Variety of business topics to choose from: marketing, global trade, and entrepreneurship
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees
- Guest speakers from Seattle-area businesses such as Odd Dog Media (digital marketing agency)
- Training in how to apply for jobs
- Field trips to local companies
- Free opportunity to take the TOEIC
||UW downtown Seattle (map)
||10 weeks (9 weeks in summer)
Jun 18–Aug 23
Sep 19–Dec 6
Jan 2–Mar 13
Mar 25–Jun 5
||Open until filled
CONNECT WITH US