The University of Washington works closely with universities, corporations, non-governmental organizations and government agencies from around the world to develop specialized educational programs. These group programs can be focused on specific content themes as well as English language skills. Programs can range in length from one week to nine months or more, and can take place on the UW campus or onsite at your own chosen location.
We encourage you to bring us your innovative ideas and educational challenges. We enjoy developing programs that meet specialized requirements for unique subject areas and audiences.
The UW Difference
All of our programs include these compelling advantages:
- As a top-tier research institution, the University of Washington offers academic prestige, vast resources and a highly qualified teaching staff.
- Our English Language Program is one of the top-rated in the United States and is among the charter programs accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation.
- The UW campus is located in the heart of Seattle, a cosmopolitan city with a mild climate. Seattle is known as a center for research and development in technology, business, education, health care and the environment.
For more details and examples of some of our previous programs, see the Academic Programs (Study Abroad) and Professional Development & Training Programs sections of this site.
We have developed a specific process for specialized group programs that ensures the best outcome for our partners and their program participants.
- During the Initial Contact phase, we will:
During the Program Development phase, we will:
- Ask you to complete a survey to explore your needs and ideas
- Discuss your educational needs and ideas
- Determine if we may be able to meet your needs
During the Program Finalization phase, we will:
- Begin working with a program implementation team
- Develop overall program objectives and content areas
- Explore various program options
- Draft a schedule that best fits your needs
- Prepare a program proposal and cost estimate document
During the Implementation phase, we will:
- Finalize the cost estimate and approve the overall program design
- Finalize the schedule
- Sign the Letter of Agreement (program contract)
- Collect and issue necessary documents (including application, financial guarantee, and I-20)
After the Implementation phase, we will:
- Arrange fee payment via wire transfer, credit card or check
- Identify instructional staff and confirm all requested services
- Carry out program according to the terms of the Letter of Agreement
- Conduct a program evaluation with program participants and instructors
- Discuss feedback and determine suggestions for improvement for the following year
Take the First Step
To begin the process of developing a customized program, please complete our needs analysis survey. Our team will get back to you shortly to discuss your ideas further.