The morning studies take place in the classroom. You’ll work on vocabulary and conversational skills by having discussions with classmates and instructors about different topics of interest. Assignments include:
- Interviewing business people at various Seattle-area companies
- Improving your listening skills by studying and discussing entrepreneurship documentaries
- Developing a final group research project presentation on a topic related to business development
Afternoon Field Trips
Field trips are an important and enjoyable part of STEP. Destinations may include:
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Center
- Bellevue Square shopping mall
- A ferry ride to Bainbridge Island
You’ll also have the opportunity to go on a campus tour, enjoy group sports or gaming activities and visit different Seattle neighborhoods.
This program is taught by experienced instructors from UW International & English Language Programs. All have advanced degrees.