The morning studies take place in the classroom. You’ll work on vocabulary and conversational skills by having discussions with classmates and instructors about different topics of interest. Assignments include:
- In-class field trip related to science, technology or engineering
- Listening to a guest lecturer and/or video lectures related to the course content
- Developing a final group project presentation on a topic related to the course content
Afternoon Field Trips
Field trips are an important and enjoyable part of STEP. There are two instructor-led morning field trips. You'll get a chance to see the latest technological innovations happening in Seattle. Destinations may include:
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Center
- Bellevue Square shopping mall
- A ferry ride to Bainbridge Island
You’ll also have the opportunity to go on a campus tour, enjoy group sports or gaming activities and visit different Seattle neighborhoods.
The program is taught by experienced instructors from UW International & English Language Programs. All have advanced degrees.