Student Services

Members of the advising staff of International & English Language Programs at the University of Washington are ready and willing to answer your questions or help you in any way they can. Check out the pages below for more details about our advising services as well as class registration and payment information.

Academic Advising

If you're an IELP student with an interest in attending college in the United States, our academic advisor can help you with the admissions process. This includes assistance researching colleges on the Web; writing a statement of purpose; and preparing for the TOEFL, IELTS and GRE tests. Additionally, the academic advisor can help you make contact with advisors in the UW department of your choice.

Immigration Advising

Our International Student Advisors can answer your questions about issues related to student (F-1) visas, including travel and employment rules. This page contains more details about these and other immigration issues.

Class Registration & Payment Options

Learn how to register and pay for your program once you arrive at the UW.

student services