Global Connections Study Abroad Program
Experience life as a student at a highly ranked American university. The Global Connections Study Abroad Program gives international students the opportunity to take classes alongside degree-seeking students at the University of Washington. This program is offered jointly by the UW Jackson School of International Studies and UW International & English Language Programs.
The Global Connections program offers international students an outstanding study abroad experience. Our high-quality academic courses allow students to focus on current global challenges from different perspectives, explore creative ways to solve problems and discover how to produce positive change.
Students can choose to study for three, six or nine months, with classes beginning in autumn quarter. Your course schedule will be based on your level of English proficiency. Global Connections students take a combination of courses in:
- Academic English language skills and practices, including reading, writing and classroom participation
- International studies, including global issues relating to politics, economics and the environment
- Elective subjects, such as literature, psychology and history
Who Should Apply
The Global Connections program is open to international students who have completed a minimum of one year of university-level coursework. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, in good academic standing at their home university, and have an intermediate or advanced level of English language proficiency.
See the How to Apply page for more details.
- One-, two- and three-quarter program options
- Opportunity to earn undergraduate academic credit taking courses alongside UW students
- Classes appropriate to your English skill level
- Experienced Jackson School faculty and IELP instructors
||UW Seattle campus
Sep 22, 2015 – Dec 18, 2015
Sep 22, 2015 – Mar 18, 2016
Sep 22, 2015 – Jun 10, 2016
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the Global Connections Study Abroad Program.