On-Campus Housing

Immerse yourself in university life by staying in a residence hall or apartment on the beautiful UW campus. You'll be just a short walk from classrooms, libraries, computing centers, cafes and other facilities. If you attend one of the programs at our downtown Seattle location, you can still choose to live on the main UW campus. Buses and the Link light rail run frequently between main campus and downtown Seattle.

Residence hall and apartment space on the UW campus is generally available for IELP students during winter, spring and summer quarters. Autumn quarter housing is limited, so we encourage you to look into one of the off-campus options.


Low availability


High availability


High availability


High availability

Residence Halls

Residence halls are located on the UW main campus in Seattle. Both one-person and two-person rooms are available. If you reserve a two-person room, you may request a specific roommate; otherwise, a roommate will be assigned to you.

All rooms are furnished with:

  • Extra-long twin-sized beds
  • Desks and bookcases
  • Chairs
  • Dressers
  • Closets
  • Small microwave and refrigerator (additional charge)

You will need to bring your own bedding, pillows and towels, unless they are included in your housing package.

You are responsible for cleaning your own room and washing your own towels and linens. Laundry facilities are available in each of the residence halls. Bathrooms and other shared facilities are cleaned regularly by custodial staff. IELP students who live in the residence halls are required to purchase a dining plan. During the academic year, you can choose from one of six different dining plans; in summer quarter there is only one plan.


Single or double


per quarter



These guides have more details on Residence Hall life.


IELP students may also live in one of two apartment buildings on campus: Cedar Apartments and Nordheim Court. Units in these apartments are furnished and come with fully equipped kitchens and shared bathrooms (one for every two bedrooms). Both buildings include laundry facilities. Students may choose their roommates.


Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 4-bedroom


per quarter



Visit the building’s webpages for details.

Length of Stay

Residence hall agreements are typically for the academic year, and apartments are for 12 months. But you can live on campus even for one quarter, space permitting.

If you’re staying less time than the standard housing agreement, remember to follow specific steps in order to avoid a $500 early termination fee and other charges. Please see the UW Housing & Food Services page for details.


A limited number of parking spaces are reserved for students living on campus. If you must bring a vehicle to campus, you may apply for a parking space with Commuter Services.


If you arrive before the check-in date, you must arrange for your own housing. See the Short-Term Housing page for a list of hotels in the University District and downtown Seattle.

How to Apply for On-Campus Housing

To apply for housing on campus, you must first be admitted to a program. Then you can follow these steps:

  1. Set up your student ID (UW NetID)
  2. Visit the MyHFS home page to create your profile and fill out your application form

Apply as soon as you're admitted and know you want to live on campus. The earlier you submit your application, the better the chance of getting your preferred location.

More Information

UW Housing & Food Services
Lander Hall, Room 210
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Phone: 206-543-4059
Email: hfsinfo@uw.edu