Come practice your English, learn about American business — and have fun exploring Seattle! Business Short Term English Program (STEP) is a program for business students and professionals. You can improve your speaking and listening and learn important business skills in just three weeks.
Intermediate to Advanced
What You'll Do
- Practice your business-related conversation and presentation skills as well as your listening skills
- Learn American-style business practices and cultural expectations for international business
- Interact with Seattle-area businesses and do research on an area of interest
- Small classes, with an average class size of 14
- Opportunity to explore the campus area on field trips with your classmates and other students
Who Should Register
This program is for professionals and business students who want to get better at having conversations and giving presentations in English, and gain knowledge of American businesses.
You must have intermediate to advanced English skills to participate. For specific requirements, see How to Register.
Classes meet in the mornings, Monday through Friday, for a total of 15 hours a week. Two afternoons per week, program staff and UW students lead optional Seattle-area sightseeing activities.
|Registration fee (nonrefundable)
|Room and board (estimated)
The cost of transportation during the optional afternoon activities is not included in STEP tuition. Students will take public transit for these activities and will have an opportunity to purchase an ORCA transit card at the start of the program.
We strongly recommend purchasing medical/travel insurance in your home country so that you’ll have coverage during your stay in Seattle. For more information, see Health Insurance & Immunizations.