Experience life as an international student at a highly ranked American university! In the Global Connections program, you’ll study alongside degree-seeking students at the University of Washington. You can improve your English and learn about current global challenges from different perspectives.
Intermediate to Advanced
What You’ll Do
- Improve your academic English language skills through reading, writing and classroom participation
- Earn undergraduate academic credit taking courses alongside UW students
- Deepen your knowledge in international studies, including issues relating to politics, economics and the environment
- Work on assignments that explore creative ways to solve global problems and produce positive change
- A varied course offering that includes English language instruction and high-quality academic elective courses in subjects such as literature, psychology and history
- An opportunity to take international studies courses, where you’ll learn about current global challenges from different perspectives
- A joint offering by the UW Jackson School of International Studies and UW International & English Language Programs
Who Should Apply
This program is for students who have completed a minimum of one year of university-level coursework at an overseas university and want to study at a top American university.
You must have intermediate to advanced English skills to participate. For admissions requirements, see How to Apply.
Student schedules vary based on their program level and course choices.
|Application fee (one-time fee; nonrefundable)
|Express mail fee (one-time fee)
|International student health insurance plan
|Room and board (estimated)
|Books and supplies (estimated)
|Other miscellaneous expenses (estimated)
|Estimated Total Per Quarter