Are you starting your graduate studies soon? Join us for the Graduate School Preparation Program, a five-week summer program for students in a wide variety of fields. It’s designed to help you gain skills to meet the challenges of studying in a U.S. graduate program with confidence.
What You'll Do
- Develop the advanced language and presentation skills needed for top academic performance
- Increase your awareness of U.S. academic culture and expectations
- Satisfy the UW English language proficiency requirement for ENGL 102 and ENGL 104 (if you're an incoming UW student and haven’t met your ELP requirement yet)
- Lectures from prestigious UW faculty
- Panel discussions with program alumni and current UW students
- Networking opportunities with incoming UW graduate students
- Social activities that include a welcome reception, campus tour and weekly coffee hours with program staff
Who Should Apply
This program is for international students who are preparing for graduate study at an American college or university in any field.
You need advanced English skills to participate. For admissions requirements, see How to Apply.
During summer 2020, students will take classes 3.5 hours a day, Monday through Friday, for a total of 17.5 hours per week. The classes will be 2 hours in the synchronous format and 1.5 hours in the asynchronous format.
|Application fee (nonrefundable)
|Registration fee (nonrefundable)
|Health insurance (estimated)
|Room and board (estimated)
|Books and supplies (estimated)
|Other miscellaneous expenses (estimated)