Language & Culture STEP classes are grouped by English level. You’ll take a placement exam on the first day of the program.
Language & Culture STEP instruction focuses on a variety of real-life activities. For example, you may:
- Interview Seattle residents
- Improve your listening skills through watching an American film
- Create and deliver a group presentation on a cultural topic
Afternoon Field Trips
Field trips are an important and enjoyable part of STEP. Destinations may include:
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Center
- Bellevue Square shopping mall
- A ferry ride to Bainbridge Island
You’ll also have the opportunity to go on a campus tour, enjoy group sports or gaming activities and visit different Seattle neighborhoods.
This program is taught by experienced instructors from UW International & English Language Programs. All have advanced degrees.